NON CHLORINE SHOCK TREATMENT for pools and spas
Highly concentrated oxygen compound that reduces and eliminates combined chlorine levels in pools and spas.
We all know that pools and spas harbour all types of organic material. Bacteria, viruses, algae as well as other organic deposits from leaves, dust, dirt, body oils, fats, urine and other exudates all place a heavy load on sanitisers, leading to greatly increased chloramine levels (combined chlorines).
Because Lo-Chlor SHOCK “N” SWIM has the ability to oxidise protein and other organic material it actually breaks up organic matter. It reduces combined chlorine build ups and actually enhances the action of free chlorine in the pool or spa water.
Lo-Chlor SHOCK “N” SWIM is a stronger oxidiser than chlorine.
Use as a non-chlorine shock for pools, spas, hot tubs, ornamental ponds and fountains.
Excellent OXIDISER for Ionised and Nature 2 Pools and Spas.
Oxidises organic contaminants.
Used regularly – potentiates sanitiser effect.
Contains clarifying agent for sparkling clear water
Lo-Chlor SHOCK “N” SWIM has an active oxygen content of 13.5% minimum which is much higher than monopersulphate or perborate compounds.
These compounds have oxygen contents of 4.5% and 10%.
It is for this reason that MUCH LESS Lo-Chlor SHOCK “N” SWIM is required to treat a pool or spa.
When dissolved in water Lo-Chlor SHOCK “N” SWIM converts to Sodium Carbonate plus Hydrogen Peroxide – the oxidising component.
Hydrogen Peroxide is considered to be an effective bacteriostat
- Lo-Chlor SHOCK “N” SWIM is NOT a sanitiser and DOES NOT REPLACE chlorine or bromine.
- Sodium Carbonate does cause an increase in pH however because of the small amount of product used the effect on pH is minimal
- 500gm of Lo-Chlor SHOCK “N” SWIM will shock treat a 50,000 litre swimming pool.
- DO NOT EXCEED the recommended dose rate – Excessive Hydrogen Peroxide can destroy hypochlorite compounds.